The dedicated artist - 28-year-old Bahaar Dhawan

“As a feminist, I am endlessly fascinated by the female form. Conveying the strength and depth of a woman’s persona is challenging and at the same time, creatively satisfying,” says 28-year-old Bahaar.

One day at work, I was consumed by the most indescribable feeling. I felt like I was trying to read station signs from a speeding train. A station approaches, but I was speeding so fast, flying by, and was unable to make anything of it. I wanted to implore the visions in my mind to stay long enough, without distraction of other pending responsibilities. That was when I knew I had to stop juggling.

Bahaar recently completed a Business of Art course from the Young Women’s Leadership Programme in association with DAG Modern, the first art course of its kind focusing on the business side of art, taught by Indian and international faculty.

Bahaar has been part of eight shows and has shown her work alongside the well-known names in the country. She is currently displaying her work in an ongoing group show called ‘Conversation’ at the Indira Gandhi International Terminal (T1). Bahaar was also a part of a recent exhibition – ‘Masters of Modern Art’ – where she was the only young Indian artist being showcased alongside some very promising international contemporary artists. She says that there is a growing appreciation of upcoming artists in the country. Bahaar’s works have also been collected by some of the country’s top collectors, big corporates, and private clients, including NRIs, Swedish, and US citizens.

Her family is her support system. “My husband is my biggest support and motivates me to pursue my dreams. My parents, sister and in-laws are always there for me. Whenever I faced any setbacks in life, I seek strength and fall back on my family,” says Bahaar.

Bahaar hopes to be painting all her life and also wants to contribute to the art community by practicing art law. She hopes that her expertise in the legal field can help artists, dealers, and galleries. However, in the long run, she wants to help bring about legislations which would help in increasing transparency, accessibility and make valuation of works non-speculative, thereby increasing investor confidence in the Indian art market.

Source : Your Story

Share this:

댓글 쓰기

 
Copyright © Info Fuel. Designed by Anasuya